Skip to Buy Tickets Skip to Content Skip to Footer

Industrial action

The information on this page is correct as of 13 May and is always subject to change so please check back before you travel.

If you have been affected by industrial action, we’re very sorry for any disruption to your plans. Please see our FAQs that explain what options may still be open to you including:

  • Applying for a refund
  • For Delay Repay compensation, which you may qualify for even if you did not travel, as well as being able to claim if you travelled and your journey was delayed by 15 minutes or more

You can apply for these up to 28 days after your planned or completed date of travel (see dates below). These options are only available for strike dates, not for days after.

There is currently no planned industrial action on Southern, Gatwick Express, Thameslink or Great Northern. If further action is announced, we will provide details on this page once they are known.

Cancellation of strike action

If strike action is cancelled or suspended at short notice, we will not be able to immediately restore our normal timetable.  

Rail services are created and depend on complex and integrated systems. It therefore takes some time to get everything back into place. If this is the case, more details will be published here.  

FAQs for:

  • ASLEF strike days from Tuesday 7 May until Thursday 9 May (inclusive), with Thameslink, Great Northern, Southern & Gatwick Express services affected by strike action on Tuesday 7 May
  • ASLEF overtime ban from Monday 6 May until Saturday 11 May (inclusive)

Click to expand each section

Assisted travel

Click to expand each section.


Click to expand each section


Click to expand each section

How do I get a refund?

If you bought your ticket from us, we can process your refund.

For paper and eTickets and smartcards, please use our online refund form.

Alternatively, for paper tickets and smartcards you can also visit one of our Ticket Offices for assistance.

If you bought your ticket from another retailer or train company, you will need to contact them to request your refund.