Types of First Class ticket
Thameslink services on our long distance routes have first class accommodation. Routes with and without first class are shown below. Where first class is available, this can be found at the very front of the train. The first class compartment at the rear of Thameslink trains is always declassified.
Routes with first class operate between;
- Bedford and Brighton
- Bedford and Gatwick Airport
- Cambridge and Brighton
- Peterborough and Horsham
- Bedford and East Grinstead
Routes with standard class only operate between;
- Luton / St Albans and Sutton
- Luton / St Albans and Wimbledon
- Luton and Rainham
- Luton / St Albans / London Blackfriars and Sevenoaks / Orpington
A number of stations are served by trains operating on different routes, some with and some without first class. We strongly recommend that you check in advance whether your planned service operates with first class or not. The easiest way to check is through our timetables pages.
If you have purchased a first class ticket, your journey is entirely on the Thameslink network and:
- The train you travel on does not have first class accommodation at the front of the train, or
- The first class accommodation at the front of the train is declassified, or
- The first class accommodation at the front of the train is full and you are unable to find a first class seat
You can claim the appropriate difference between the standard and first class fare using our First Class claim form.
Wheelchair spaces are available within standard class accommodation only.