How do I book my train tickets?
Booking train tickets is simple. We offer several booking options to cater for customers' preferences.
- Online: It’s quick, easy and safe to buy train tickets online using our journey planer. You can choose your delivery method, and we won't charge you a pesky booking fee.
- Ticket office: If you’d prefer to speak to someone about your railway ticket, booking at a ticket office is the way to go. We have staffed ticket offices at our larger stations.
- Ticket machines: As well as collecting tickets bought online, you can use our self-service ticket machines to buy train tickets using cash or a credit or debit card.
- Contactless: If you’re travelling in and around London, you can tap your contactless payment card or device on the move, and we’ll charge you the best pay-as-you-go fare available on the day.
Learn more about the different ways to pay.
Where can I travel with Thameslink?
Whether you're travelling to visit family, for a work event or to catch up with friends, we can get you there with ease.
Our network spans the south of England and includes popular destinations like Brighton, Wimbledon, Swanley and London Bridge.
We also operate north of central London, so you can travel to Cambridge, Stevenage, Bedford, Peterborough and many more destinations with us.
Check out our network map today to see our routes.
Which ticket type is right for me?
We have a range of tickets to help you get from A to B, so you're sure to find an option that's right for you. Here are some of the ticket types on offer.
- Anytime tickets - our Anytime tickets are valid on any train, so you can hop on board whenever you like! It's the perfect choice if you're not sure what time you'll need to travel and need flexibility
- Off-peak tickets - Off-Peak tickets are valid at the quieter times of the day, outside of rush hour. They are often cheaper than an Anytime fare so, if you have the flexibility to travel at any time of day, you could save by travelling Off-Peak
- Season tickets - if you commute regularly with us, you could save money with a Season ticket. They're more cost-effective than buying tickets daily and you can travel as much as you want
- Key Smartcard - our Key Smartcard makes regular travel quicker and easier than ever before. Buy or renew Season tickets online with the Key Smartcard and quickly load your tickets onto it with our app
How do I get the best-value train tickets?
If you want to make your journey as cost-effective as possible, we're here to help. Here are just a few ways in which you can cut the cost of your train tickets with us.
Book your train tickets with us
Buy your train tickets online today and get the best deals.
Subscribe to email updates. Get travel inspiration, journey updates and exclusive offers delivered straight to your inbox.
We will not pass on your personal information to any organisation outside of Thameslink.
Should we no longer operate the Thameslink franchise, please be aware that we will pass your details to the Successor franchise or Secretary of State for Transport to allow you to continue receiving service and/or marketing emails if you have consented to them.
Thank you for subscribing to receive relevant updates from Thameslink.
Something went wrong with your submission, please try again later.