Cycle carriage policy
We welcome passengers with bicycles on Great Northern and Thameslink services where there is enough space for them to be carried safely. Cycles are carried free of charge.
On the Great Northern Route
- at any time between Drayton Park and Moorgate
- on trains south of Stevenage or Hertford North timed to arrive in London between 07:00 and 09:30 Monday to Friday, except on public holidays
- on trains timed to leave London between 16:00 and 19:00 Monday to Friday, except on public holidays
- on trains that are timed to leave Ely or Waterbeach towards Cambridge between 07:45 and 08:45 Monday to Friday, except on public holidays
- (You can take a bike with you at any time on trains north of Stevenage, except where shown above, and at any time between Stevenage and Hertford North.)
On the Thameslink route
- on trains travelling towards London (northbound and southbound) from any station south of Luton Airport Parkway that are timed to arrive at or pass through any central London station between 07:00 and 10:00 Monday to Friday, except on public holidays
- on trains travelling away from London and timed to depart from or pass through any central London station between 16:00 and 19:00 Monday to Friday, except on public holidays
- There are no restrictions at any time between Bedford and Luton Airport Parkway.
- In addition to the restrictions detailed above, we cannot carry non-folding bikes on:
- any train where your bike may cause an obstruction to other passengers when they are boarding, alighting or standing
- where a member of staff asks you to remove your bike
- replacement bus services, unless otherwise stated in related publicity material