Planned engineering work
Details of planned engineering works on the Thameslink network.
- To maintain and improve the railway, Network Rail carries out regular planned engineering works on the Thameslink network
- Work normally takes place at weekends or after 10 pm – but occasionally services are impacted at other times
- Information will be available here as soon as it is available
- Additionally, services may be subject to alteration as part of our amended timetable
- Please check before travelling, and see our live departures and arrivals for up-to-the-minute information
Check for planned engineering works affecting your journey
Please choose a date below
Engineering work for Today
Buses replace overnight Thameslink trains between Haywards Heath and Brighton from Monday 15 to Thursday 18 October
15 October - 19 October 2018 11:59 PM
Between Bedford and Brighton.
Each night between 23:30 and 05:00, finishing 05:00 Friday morning, engineering work is taking place between Haywards Heath and Brighton closing the line.
Buses will replace trains between Haywards Heath and Brighton.
Check before you travel:
You can plan your journey using the National Rail Enquiries Journey Planner
You can find the location of your bus replacement by checking station signs or by searching for your station on our station information pages
Non folding bicycles are not allowed on rail replacement bus services at any time. Folding bicycles are allowed if fully folded. For more information, please see here.
You can read more about engineering work and why it is necessary.