1. This offer is valid for paper tickets booked on thameslink.com for any journey and for travel on any train operator, for the following ticket types:
- Anytime Day
- Off-Peak Day
- Super Off-Peak Day
The money back guarantee does not apply to any tickets purchased as eTickets or on the key smartcard.
2. Other ticket types are not included in this offer. Other ticket types include: DaySave, Season Tickets and non-Thameslink Advance tickets (Advance tickets for travel on trains other than Thameslink).
3. The guarantee also applies to Child tickets, Railcard discounted tickets, and any other discounted tickets, subject to the terms and conditions of the Railcard or discount offered.
4. This offer is only valid for paper tickets purchased online at thameslink.com with ‘Ticket on Departure’ as the delivery option, and the tickets have not been collected. We therefore advise you not to collect your tickets until you are certain you wish to use them.
5. If you wish to book tickets for multiple trips in a single transaction on thameslink.com, we advise that in order for your tickets to qualify for the money back guarantee, that you book the tickets you need for each trip in separate transactions. Otherwise, when you collect your tickets from the machine in the station for your first trip, it will give you all the tickets for all the journeys you booked so invalidating them for the money back guarantee.
6. To apply for a refund of your ticket please view our refund pages.
If you do collect your paper tickets from a Ticket On Departure or Ticket Vending Machine at the station, then standard refund rules will apply and you will be charged the normal £10 refund administrative fee per booking. Advance tickets are not refundable.
7. All refund requests under the money back guarantee should be made within 28 days of the expiry date of the ticket.
8. There is no limit to the number of times you can apply for a refund under the money back guarantee so long as the tickets you bought online via thameslink.com are Anytime, Anytime Day, Off-Peak, Off-Peak Day, or Super Off-Peak Day tickets.
9. We aim to process all refunds within 10 working days. All refunds have to be processed back to customers according to the original payment method. If you purchased your ticket using a debit/credit card, a member of the Refunds team will contact you by telephone to obtain your card details in order to process the refund.