The panel’s role
In July 2016, six volunteer passengers joined us to share their travel experiences and give constructive feedback as part of our new Access Advisory Panel.
The Panel was brought together to represent the needs of all our passengers, including:
- Passengers with visual/hearing impairments
- Passengers travelling with young children
- Elderly passengers requiring assistance when travelling
- Passengers with hidden disabilities
- Passengers with physical disabilities
The panel will meet every two months to share their views and put practical ideas for improvements before our senior managers. Their recommendations will help to us to continue to enhance accessibility on our trains and at our stations.
We’re committed to making our services safe and comfortable for everyone. Visit our Assisted Travel page to learn more about the other ways we’re improving accessibility across our network