Community rail partnerships (CRPs) have been set up across the country to encourage people to become involved in 'their' local railway. The Beds & Herts CRP is no exception.
Covering eight stations between Bedford Midland and St Albans City, the Beds & Herts CRP provides various involvement opportunities including:
- 'adopting' a station, for example, helping to maintain a station garden or planters,
- creating community art schemes,
- helping to run special events including on-train activities and railway site visits,
- running a range of activities to bring people together and promote social inclusion linked to the railways, such as promoting the CRP at local events
- creative projects and educational programmes including local school involvement
The eight Thameslink stations involved in the partnership area are:
- Luton Airport Parkway
- St Albans City
The Line Officer is Andy Buckley, Community Rail Partnership Officer, based at lead partners Bedfordshire Rural Communities Charity Contact email: email@example.com.