If you have been affected by industrial action, we’re very sorry for any disruption to your plans. Please see our FAQs that explain what options may still be open to you including:
You can apply for these up to 28 days after your planned or completed date of travel (see dates below). These options are only available for strike dates, not for days after.
RMT strike days - Check before you travel:
- Saturday 18 March - See the travel advice below
- Thursday 30 March - Service availability will be confirmed as soon as possible
- Saturday 1 April - Service availability will be confirmed as soon as possible
Day after RMT strike day
- Sunday 19 March - See the travel advice below
- Friday 31 March - Service availability will be confirmed as soon as possible
- Sunday 2 April - Service availability will be confirmed as soon as possible
Previous strike dates which you may still be able to claim a refund or compensation for (see below FAQ sections):
- 16 March
As Industrial Action is affecting the whole country, we will be unable to provide alternatives such as taxis, additional replacement buses, and ticket acceptance with other local rail and bus operators on any strike day.
Travel advice for 18 March
The advice is to check before you travel and expect disruption.
The railway will operate limited opening hours with services starting later and finishing much earlier than normal. Some routes will finish earlier than others, and some stations will not be served at all on strike days. Please check your first and last trains carefully, as there will be no alternative travel outside of these services.
Engineering works will be taking place across our network on Saturday 18 March, including no Southern or Gatwick Express trains to London Victoria.
You will need to travel to/from London Bridge for services to Gatwick Airport and the south coast.
If you need to travel, always check your whole journey immediately before at National Rail.
Please see the overview of services we plan to run below. Click to expand each section.