Easy travel to London Luton Airport? Take Thameslink.
Whether you’re heading on holiday or visiting friends abroad, get your trip off to a great start with fast and frequent trains to Luton Airport starting from £13.10.
Why take the train to Luton Airport?
With regular direct trains available, getting the train to the airport could be simpler than going by car or taxi. We’ll include the shuttle bus from the station to the airport in your ticket price too to help you fly through your journey - just select 'Luton Airport' as your destination.
Here are a few other reasons why going from train to plane could be a smart move:
- Make it to departures on time with regular trains available throughout the day
- Early start? Save money on taxis or hotel fees with trains running through the night
- Take advantage of Super Off-Peak, Railcard and GroupSave discounts on your train ticket
Where can I get the train from?
You can travel with us to Luton Airport by train from Brighton, London and Hertfordshire. Our direct trains set off from these stations:
- London Blackfriars
London St Pancras International
- Elephant and Castle
Book tickets from just £13.10
How do I buy a train ticket for Luton Airport?
You can buy your train tickets in all the normal ways, but we recommend buying your tickets online in advance. This way you can:
Skip the station ticket queues and give yourself more time in the departure lounge
- Save extra money for souvenirs with no booking fees
- Collect your tickets from any station in the UK
- Buy a ‘through ticket’ to the airport including the shuttle bus by selecting ‘Luton Airport’ as your destination when you book
Need to pay for the shuttle bus? You can now pay Contactless from 26th June 2019
If you only have a ticket to Luton Airport Parkway or don’t have a through ticket from the airport – it’s now quicker and easier than ever to pay with contactless. When you board the bus, simply touch your contactless card or device on the reader to pay the single fare* to or from the airport.
Ask the driver if you need a different ticket or need to pay for more than one person.
*One journey payment per card/device accepted. Journeys between Luton Airport Parkway- Luton Airport only
What types of tickets can I buy for the airport?
The best ticket for you will depend on when you’re travelling and where you’re travelling from.
- Super Off-Peak and Off-Peak: If you can travel outside of the busiest times of the day you could save extra money on your ticket. Check our journey planner to see what ticket types are available for your journey time
- Anytime: You can’t always guarantee what time you’ll be travelling. With an Anytime ticket you can travel whenever you need to regardless of Peak and Off-Peak times