Tickets and fares
We offer a wide range of ticket options to meet your travel needs and help save you money.
Tickets for you to choose from
- Anytime tickets - letting you travel at anytime of the day
- Off-Peak tickets - cheaper than Anytime tickets but can only be used at certain times of the day
- Super Off-Peak tickets - even cheaper than Off-Peak tickets but you can only use them on weekends and Bank Holidays
- Season tickets - if you’re a regular traveller, you’ll make big savings with these
- Oyster card and contactless payment - can be used within London Zones 1-6
Our discount fares
- GroupSave - 34% discount on Off-Peak travel for groups of three to nine adults travelling together
- Carnet - 10% discount when you buy books of five or 10 single tickets
- Kids travel for £2- up to four children can travel for £2 each on journeys made on our Thameslink and Great Northern lines. Under 5s travel for free.
Have you got a Railcard? You could enjoy a third off your ticket price with our selection of Railcards.
You can buy your rail tickets online, at a ticket office, or from the ticket vending machines at your local station.
Alternatively, you can search for our best value fares in advance using the National Rail Enquiries Cheapest Fare Finder.
If you’re collecting your ticket from your local station, you should check that it has a ticket vending machine before you travel. And check your local station’s opening times if you’re going to buy your tickets from the station’s ticket office.
We don't offer seat reservations on any of our services. If part of your journey is with another train company who do offer seat reservations, we can arrange them for you when you buy your ticket.
What are the benefits of booking with us online?
- You won’t pay any booking fees
- Free first class delivery or you can collect your tickets from one of our self service ticket machines in your local station. You can also choose recorded delivery for £2
- Our booking system is easy to use and secure - we’ll help you find the cheapest possible fares
- You can manage your bookings online. You’ll be able to save your favourite journeys and personal details which’ll save you time when you next book
- You can buy or renew your season tickets online
Discontinued tickets and offers
Please be aware that mTickets are no longer available. The key smarcard has replaced these.
Also, we don't offer Nectar points when you buy tickets with us.