What are mobile assistance teams?
As part of our ongoing commitment to make our services as accessible as possible we have introduced mobile assistance teams at various locations across our network.
These teams are in place to provide you with assistance at some of our accessible stations when they are unstaffed and there are train services scheduled to call there.
Example of the help they can provide includes:
- Assistance with getting on and off the train
- Assistance around the station and to the platform
- Assistance with luggage
- A guiding arm if you are blind or visually impaired
- Boarding and alighting with wheelchairs/powerchairs, scooters and mobility aids
- Assistance to and from connecting train services and onward transport such as bus, tram and taxi within the station area
Where are our mobile assistance teams?
We have trials underway at the following stations;
- Beckenham Hill
- Crofton Park
- Haydons Road
Our aim is to extend our mobile assistance team trial to more stations, so please check back regularly for the latest information.
We also have mobile assistance teams serving Thameslink services at some Southern stations. For more information please visit southernrailway.com/mobileassistanceteam.
How to contact our mobile assistance teams
If you choose to book and your journey involves travelling to or from one of our stations served by a mobile assistance team, our Assisted Travel team will arrange this as part of your booking.
If you chose not to book your assistance, then you can also arrange assistance upon arrival at one of our above listed stations by:
- Pressing the “emergency & assisted travel” button on a station Help Point
- Calling our freephone number: 0808 168 1238
- Texting us on 07970 511077
Whether you chose to pre-book your assistance or prefer more ﬂexibility, where possible we recommend arriving 20 minutes before your train’s scheduled departure time. This is so we can make sure arrangements are in place at your destination (or interchange) station such as the availability of staff and lifts.
Useful accessibility information about all our stations can be found on our station information pages.