We are carefully monitoring all trains and stations for increased passenger numbers. We are adding alerts to trains in Journey Planners where we expect trains to be busy.
These trains will appear with a warning triangle within the journey planners
You can also subscribe to journey alerts through National Rail Messenger. Just visit Messenger to set up alerts for your journey, or use the journey planner and choose ‘Keep me updated’. With this tool you can set up alerts for regular or one-off journeys, it’ll keep you informed about any cancellations or delays as well as updating if the service is expected to be busy.
For more information about Messenger alerts you can visit National Rail Enquiries.
Busiest Travel Times:
Thameslink- Our busiest services are:
- Trains arriving into Blackfriars from Sutton between 07:30 and 09:00
- Trains arriving into Blackfriars from Orpington/Sevenoaks between 08:15 and 09:00
- Trains arriving into London Bridge from Rainham between 06:50 and 08:30
- Trains leaving London Bridge from Rainham between 16:45 and 17:20
- East Croydon station is busiest between 06:00 and 07:00
- Finsbury Park station is busiest between 07:30 and 08:30
Great Northern - Our busiest services are:
- Trains arriving into Moorgate from Hertford North/Stevenage between 07:00 and 09:00
- Trains arriving into Moorgate from Welwyn Garden City between 07:40 and 08:15
- Trains leaving Moorgate for Hertford North/Stevenage between 16:55 and 18:25
- Trains leaving Cambridge for Kings Lynn between 16:30 and 18:00
Southern - Our busiest services are:
- Trains arriving into Victoria from Selhurst between 06:30 and 08:00
- Trains arriving into Victoria from Sutton between 07:15 and 08:30
- Trains arriving into London Bridge from Caterham & Tattenham Corner between 07:05 and 08:35
Trains leaving London Victoria for Epsom, Epsom Downs and Sutton between 16:00 and 18:45
- East Croydon station gets busy between 06:00 and 07:00
What do I do if the train is full?
We recommend you wait for the next train. Please do check the journey planners before you travel to see if the train you want is busy.
What if the last train is full?
Please do check the journey planners before you travel to see if the train you want is busy. If you can’t board the last train, please speak to a member of station staff or contact us via the help point.
Do I need to make a reservation to travel on a specific train?
Reservations are not available on Great Northern, Southern or Thameslink trains.