Entering the Competition
1.The competition (the "Competition") is open to adults living in the UK aged 18+ ("You").
2.You can enter the Competition by answering in the comments of the social post on Southern’s, Thameslink’s or Great Northern’s Twitter pages (@southernrailuk, @tlrailuk, @gnrailuk), as instructed in the tweet. No other method of entry will be accepted.
3.You may only enter the Competition once, regardless of Twitter page. We must receive your entry to the Competition by 23:59pm on 5 August 2022.
4.Employees or agents of Govia Thameslink Railway Limited (GTR), their group companies or their family members may not enter the Competition.
Picking the winners
5.The winner will be chosen by GTR at random from all entries correctly submitted on Southern’s, Thameslink’s and Great Northern’s Twitter pages in accordance with these terms and conditions.
6.GTR’s decision will be made by 12 August 2022. The decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Consent to enter the competition
7. Sending in an entry to the Competition means that You accept these Terms and Conditions, which are the rules of the Competition.
8. The prize consists of two 24h river pass adult tickets for a London city cruise, by the company City Cruises. The tickets need to be redeemed by 31 of December 2022, by entering a code online. The tickets are non-exchangeable and non-transferrable.
9. The online codes will be provided once the competition winner has been selected and they will need to be emailed, therefore by entering you are giving permission for your email address to be shared with GTR. Your email address will not be used for any purpose other than for this competition, and it will not be placed on any third-party mailing lists.
10. The winner will be notified by direct message on Twitter by 12 August 2022. The identity of the winner will not be made public.
11. The prizes cannot be exchanged or transferred by You and cannot be redeemed by You for cash or any other prizes.
12.The prizes are subject to availability and GTR will substitute the prizes with other prizes of similar value in the event that the original prizes offered are not available.
Some other rules
13.Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed.
14. GTR takes no responsibility for entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason. Proof of delivery of the entry is not proof of receipt.
15.The Promoter of the Competition is GTR whose address is 3rd Floor, 41 to 51 Grey Street, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 6EE. Any complaints regarding the Competition should be sent to this address.
16.You can withdraw from this competition at any time by emailing email@example.com
17. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude the liability of GTR for death, personal injury, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation as a result of its negligence.
18. GTR accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by You as a result of entering the Competition or accepting the prize. GTR further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to You or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the Competition.
19. GTR reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Competition with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud). The decision of GTR in all matters under its control is final and binding.
20. GTR shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
21.The competition is run by GTR. The applicable law is that of England and Wales.