On Track app
Meet the fastest, easiest and smartest train assistant; our free Thameslink On Track app provides personalised, real time information and super-fast planning for train journeys throughout Great Britain.
On Track is powered by data from National Rail Enquiries and Transport for London, and has been designed with the help of our travellers to let you customise what you see for fast access to the information you need on the move.
Follow the links below for more information:
- Buy train tickets inside the app
- Manage your account - sign in to manage your preferences and purchase history
- Ticket wallet - your ticket details all in one place
- Apply for the key smartcard and keyGo
- View your key smartcard purchases and journeys
- Notifications – keeping you informed of service updates
- Re-order common journeys and favourite stations to suit you
- New users get started more quickly
- Search for car parks more easily
- Personalised, real-time dashboard that presents train times, platform information and live service updates for the journeys you make regularly
- Easy-to-use journey planner with fewer steps delivering faster results for all national train routes
- Buy train tickets on the go and collect at the station or have them sent free by first class post
- Live departure and arrival boards
- See your route on an interactive map, with stops and interchanges clearly marked
Detailed breakdown for each individual leg of your journey - including the current location of your train
- Check station facilities including mobility access
- Quickly see personalised London Underground line status updates
- Submit 'Delay Repay' claims straight from your mobile
- See our Twitter feed
- Contact our customer services team directly
How to check progress on a train journey
How to add a railcard
How to remove information from your dashboard
How to change the direction of your journey
“I love all the personalisation. Feels more like my app than other travel apps” (J. Bruce, London)
“As a free app it knocks the socks off anything out there” (Steven Dinnage, Brighton)
“Love that the app will link to buy tickets from my searches - no longer need to use two apps” (C. Nunn, Scarborough)
“The app has everything that I need” (John Wright, Southern customer)
“I love that most of the time I’ll be able to open the app and not tap anything” (Matt Walt, London)
How can I get the app?
Search 'Thameslink On Track' in the Apple App Store or Google play.
How much will the app cost to download?
Nothing, the app is absolutely free.
Why isn’t there an app for other Smartphones such as Windows and Blackberry?
We are looking at the possibility of other versions. This website will work equally well on desktop, tablet or mobile in the meantime.
What if I have some comments or feedback on the app?
We’d love to hear your feedback. You can tell us what you think through the app (via the customer services menu option), by contacting our customers services team or by leaving feedback in either of the app stores.
What if I can’t get the app to work?
Please contact our customer services team for help.
Can I plan journeys and buy tickets for journeys throughout Great Britain?
Yes, you can plan and buy tickets for any journey with no fees and free first class delivery or collection from ticket vending machines nationwide.
Can I pay for car parking and claim delay repay through the app?
Yes, please follow the menu options for car parking and customer services respectively.
How do I add a railcard?
When you’ve planned a journey, select the three dots on the top right of the screen to see more options. You will see an option to add a railcard. Once you’ve selected a railcard, all prices displayed in the app will include the discount and will apply to all the journeys you plan through the app. To remove a railcard, repeat the steps above and select none on the railcard screen.
Can I find out how to get to a station?
Select station information from the menu and choose one. Click on the map at the top of this screen to see your location and that of the station you’ve selected. You’ll need location services turned on within the app for this feature to work.
How do I personalise my dashboard?
You can personalise your dashboard by removing items, adding or deleting information or re-ordering items. To re-order items within your dashboard select the eye icon in the top right corner of the screen, this allows you to re-order or hide any items. Update an individual item by selecting the cog in the top right corner, where you can add, delete or re-order information.