If you do the same Anytime journey three or more times a week, you could save a lot of money with a season ticket.
You can choose a ticket that lasts from seven days to one year and there are Travelcard add-ons available which give you unlimited travel in certain Zones in London.
You also have the option to change at different stations on your route.
The key smartcard
The key smartcard is Thameslink and Great Northern’s smartcard to buy weekly, monthly or annual season tickets. Buy your season ticket on the key for a more reliable, secure way to travel.
How much will a season ticket cost me?
Weekly season tickets
Weekly season tickets usually cost less than five Anytime day returns and you get weekends free. You can now buy these online, from our ticket vending machines or at the ticket office.
If purchasing online, the most convenient way to collect is at the station from one of our ticket vending machines.
Monthly season tickets
You can save more money if you buy a monthly season ticket instead of a weekly season ticket.
You pay for 20 days and get weekends free - you can get off at any station along your route.
You can buy them from our ticket vending machines, from the station ticket offices or online.
Annual season tickets
You’ll save even more money if you buy an annual season ticket. Pay for just 40 weeks and get 12 weeks travel free - a saving of 23% over a weekly ticket.
If you buy an Annual Season ticket or Annual Travelcard in London and the South East of England, you may qualify for an Annual Gold Card which offer discounts on leisure rail travel.
Your Annual Gold Card gets you the following discounts:
- 1/3 off Standard and First Class Anytime and Off-Peak fares for yourself and up to 3 adults travelling with you
- 60% off child fares for up to 4 children (£1 minimum fare)
- Discounted tickets valid from 0930 Monday to Friday and any time at the weekend or on public holidays
- Buy a one-year Railcard for £10 for yourself or someone else
- 1/3 off Off-Peak Day Travelcard Zones 1-6
- 1/3 off Oyster Off-Peak pay as you go daily price cap and Off-Peak pay as you go single fares for journeys on National Rail, London Underground and Docklands Light Railway for you as the cardholder when you get your Annual Gold Card discount set on your Oyster Card
- 1/3 off Anytime Day Travelcards when bought as part of your ticket to London from outside London Zones 1-9 (subject to time restrictions and a minimum fare)
- Discounts on journeys to the Isle of Wight using Wightlink, Red Funnel or HoverTravel
Buy online or from your local ticket office, annual tickets aren’t available from ticket vending machines.
- Have a question about season tickets?
- Calculate the cost of a season ticket at National Rail Enquiries
- View the National Rail Enquiries terms and conditions
You may need to carry a photocard with you when you travel on your season ticket.