Travel together and save! If you're a group of three to nine adults, travelling together Off-Peak, you can save 34% on the price of individual tickets.
You can get the GroupSave discount on:
- Off-Peak Day Return tickets
- Off-Peak Day Single tickets
- Anytime Single tickets
- Super Off-Peak tickets
- Off-Peak Day Travelcards (bought outside of the London zones)
Find out which tickets are best for your group with our online booking system or ask at our ticket offices.
Groups of 20 or more
We also offer a discount to groups of 20 or more people. Call our Group Booking Service in advance on 0345 026 4700 from from 07:00 to 22:00 every day (except Christmas Day).
Our Group Travel Service team will tell you which trains have sufficient seats, and you may qualify for a discount.
Terms and conditions
- Full terms and conditions are available at your local station.
- GroupSave fares are based on groups of 3-9 people travelling together at all times. You can’t travel separately at any time. If you do, you could get a penalty fare.
- You can use GroupSave discount tickets in London and the south east with Great Northern, Thameslink, c2c, Chiltern Railways, First Great Western, London Midland, London Overground, Abellio Greater Anglia (excludes Stansted Express), Southeastern, South West Trains and Southern.
- Your Railcard can’t get you any further discounts on GroupSave tickets.
- You can’t get or use GroupSave on services operated by East Midlands Trains to or from Bedford, Luton or Luton Airport Parkway and Virgin Trains East Coast Trains to or from Stevenage.
- GroupSave is valid on Off-Peak Day Returns and Super Off Peak Day Returns, for returns on the same day, subject to morning and evening peak travel time restrictions.
- GroupSave is valid on Off-Peak Day Travelcard and Super Off Peak Day Travelcards for travel only from stations outside of the London area. You can’t buy them in the London Fares Zones 1-6.
- You can use GroupSave on Off-Peak returns for return within one calendar month, subject to morning and evening peak travel time restrictions.
- You won’t be able to use GroupSave at some stations during major events, for more information visit the National Rail website.
- If you’re travelling only on our Thameslink network, up to 4 children per group can travel for £2 each (the £2 fare isn’t available for journeys that start and finish within the London Fare Zones 1-6) and under 5's travel free.