Train service targets
Our yearly service performance targets for the duration of this rail franchise are set out below.
We report on our service performance each day, and also at the end of each rail period.
|Year starting September||2014/15||2015/16||2016/17||2017/18||2018/19||2019/20||2020/21|
|Public Performance Measure*||89.1%||89.0%||89.8%||90.1%||91.2%||91.6%||91.5%|
|Delay minutes per thousand train miles**||11.08||14.50||14.10||13.35||12.43||11.95||11.84|
* Trains that arrive at their destination within five minutes of scheduled time
** Minutes delay caused by GTR
*** Trains run with fewer carriages than scheduled during peak hours
We will keep to these targets by:
- Restructuring the timetable
- Working more efficiently at the depots so faults are sorted out quickly
- Introducing a central reporting system for drivers so we can deploy them efficiently
- Replacing old stock with new, state-of-the-art trains
- Our staff working beside Network Rail staff so we can promptly adjust services if there are problems
We will report on our performance against these targets in each edition of Connections - our customer report. You can find detailed information on how we perform on your route and principal stations on this website and posters at stations.